Last updated: 31 August 2020
Your privacy is important to DataBlend. So, we’ve developed a Privacy Statement that covers how we collect, use, disclose, transfer, and store your personal information.
This Privacy Statement applies to DataBlend, LLC, a Delaware limited liability company and any affiliated companies, and to the websites available under the domain www.DataBlend.com (together, the “Site”).
This Privacy Statement relates to DataBlend and the use of DataBlend services available through the Site only (the “Products”). This Privacy Statement does not apply to use of personal information in connection with employment.
1. Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular individual or household.
You may be asked to provide your personal information any time you are in contact with DataBlend. We may share this information with our affiliates and they may use it consistently with this Privacy Statement. We may also combine it with other information to provide information about our Products, services, and content. You are not required to provide the personal information that we request, but, if you chose not to do so, we may not be able to provide you with our Products or respond to any queries you may have.
1.1 What Personal Information We Collect
Here are some examples of the types of personal information DataBlend may collect and how we may use it:
- When you create a DataBlend Account, purchase a Product, download a software update, or contact us, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, and contact preferences.
- We may collect personal information when you reach out to us for support, give us feedback, participate in optional surveys, product research or training and you choose to share (“Communication Information”).
- When you invite others to participate in DataBlend services or forums, DataBlend may collect the information you provide about those people such as name, mailing address, email address, and phone number. DataBlend will use such information to fulfill your requests, provide the relevant Product or service, or for anti-fraud purposes.
- We may collect certain information about you when you access or use the Products. This may include:
- Device information. We may collect information about your device such as Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses, log information, error messages, device type, and unique device identifiers. For example, we may collect IP addresses from you as part of our sign in and security features.
- We may receive information about your business, your finances, expenses, invoices, financial statements, details of your financial transactions, payroll details, payment details, tax return details, details about your customers or vendors or employees, income and wage information, or investment information.
- Third-party service content. We receive information about you when you sign in to a third-party service with your DataBlend Account or when you connect your DataBlend Account to a third-party service. For example, you may choose to connect your DataBlend Account with your accounting and planning systems. To sync your financial account information, we must access your financial account information.
- Usage information. We may collect usage information such as the pages you viewed, the features you use, your browser type and details about any links with which you interact.
- Location information. Certain features in our platform may collect your precise location information, device motion information, or both, if you grant permission to do so in your device settings. For example, if you use our time-tracking service.
- Information from cookies and other technologies. DataBlend and our service providers may use commonly used tools such as cookies, web beacons, pixels, local shared objects and similar technologies (collectively “cookies”) to collect information about you (“Cookie Information”) so we can provide the experiences you request, recognize your visit, track your interactions, and improve your and other customers’ experience. The DataBlend Products are not currently configured to respond to browsers’ “Do Not Track” signals. You have control over some of the information we collect from Cookies and how we use it. For more information, please see our Cookies and Other Technologies, below.
- Information stored locally. Some of our Products may synchronize with the information on your computer. We may also store personal information locally on your device.
1.2 How We Use Your Personal Information
We collect and process personal information from you only when:
- We have your permission to do so,
- We need the personal information to perform a contract with you or provide a service to you,
- Necessary to provide you with the benefits of our Products and to operate our business,
- The processing is in our legitimate business interests, and
- Necessary to comply with legal requirements, including applicable laws and regulations.
As particular examples, we may use your personal information as follows:
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on DataBlend’s latest product announcements, software updates, and upcoming events. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out any time by updating your preferences or, for marketing communications, by clicking on the applicable unsubscribe buttons in each email.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with DataBlend, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, and content, and for anti-fraud purposes.
- We may use your personal information, including date of birth, to verify identity, assist with identification of users, and to determine appropriate services.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve DataBlend’s Products, services, and customer communications.
- If we combine non-personal information with personal information, the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined and includes personal information.
1.3 Collection and Use of Additional Information
We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, referrer URL, location, and the time zone where a DataBlend Product is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products and services.
- We may collect information regarding customer activities on the Site and from our other Products and services. This information is aggregated and used to help us provide more useful information to our customers and to understand which parts of the Site, Products, and services are of most interest. Aggregated data is considered non-personal information for the purposes of this Privacy Statement.
- We may collect and store details of how you use our services, including search queries. This information may be used to improve the relevancy and performance of our Products.
2. Cookies and Other Technologies
DataBlend’s Site, Products, email messages, and advertisements may use “cookies” and other technologies such as pixel tags and web beacons. These technologies help us better understand user behavior, tell us which parts of the Sites people have visited, and facilitate and measure the delivery of our services. We treat information collected by cookies and other technologies as non-personal information. However, to the extent that IP addresses or similar identifiers are considered personal information by local law, we also treat these identifiers as personal information.
If you want to disable cookies, most browsers will permit you to do so. Please note that certain features of the DataBlend Site will not be available once cookies are disabled.
We also gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include IP addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit websites and applications, operating system, date and time stamp, clickstream data, state change information, and metadata.
We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the services and Products, to learn about user behavior on the Site, to improve our Product and services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. DataBlend may use this information in our marketing services.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the DataBlend Site. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on the Site. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
3. Disclosure to Third Parties
3.1 Strategic Partners
At times DataBlend may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with DataBlend to provide Products and services, or that help DataBlend market to customers. Personal information will only be shared by DataBlend to provide or improve our Products, and services; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
3.2 Service Providers
DataBlend shares personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, extending credit, fulfilling customer orders, delivering Products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our Products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever DataBlend operates.
It may be necessary — by law, legal process, litigation, or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence — for DataBlend to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
4. Protection of Personal Information
DataBlend takes the security of your personal information very seriously. DataBlend Products protect your personal information during transit using encryption such as Transport Layer Security (TLS). When your personal information is stored by DataBlend, we use computer systems with limited access housed in facilities using physical security measures. Your stored data is stored in encrypted form including when we utilize third party storage.
When you use some DataBlend Products, services, or applications or post on a DataBlend forum, chat room, or social networking service, the personal information and content you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to share or submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a forum posting, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
5. Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
DataBlend allows you to keep your personal information accurate, complete, and up to date. We will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
6. Access to Personal Information
You can confirm that your contact information and preferences are up to date by logging in to your account through the Site. For other personal information we hold, we will provide you with a copy of such information upon your request. You may also request that we correct inaccurate data or delete data about you if DataBlend is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may decline to process requests that are frivolous or vexatious, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. Access, correction, or deletion requests can be made through by contacting DataBlend (see Section 14, below).
We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose personal information from children under 13, or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction, without verifiable parental consent. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 13, or equivalent minimum age depending on jurisdiction, without first receiving verifiable parental consent, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
Children under the age of 13, or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction, are not permitted to create their own DataBlend Accounts or to use our Products.
8. Location-Based Services
To provide location-based services on DataBlend Products, DataBlend and our partners and licensees may collect, use, and share precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your computer, browser, or DataBlend device. Where available, location-based services may use GPS, Bluetooth, and your IP address, along with crowd-sourced Wi-Fi hotspot and cell tower locations, and other technologies to determine your devices’ approximate location. Unless you provide consent, this location data is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you and is used by DataBlend and our partners and licensees to provide and improve location-based products and services. For example, your device may share its geographic location with application providers when you opt in to their location services.
Some location-based services offered by DataBlend require your personal information for the feature to work.
9. Third-Party Sites and Services
In order to function, DataBlend Products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our Products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties — for example, a third-party service developed using our Products. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
10. International Users
All the information you provide may be transferred or accessed by entities around the world as described in this Privacy Statement. In particular, DataBlend uses servers and service providers located in the United States. If you do not want your personal information transferred to the United States, do not use the Products.
11. California Privacy Disclosures
The provisions in this Section 11 apply only to the extent that you are a resident of California, USA.
If you are a California resident, you may have the following rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”).
- Verification. In order to protect your personal information from unauthorized access or deletion, we may require you to verify your login credentials before you can submit a rights request. If you do not have an account with us, or if we suspect that your account has suffered fraudulent or malicious activity, we may ask you to provide additional personal information for verification. If we are subsequently unable to confirm your identity, we may refuse your rights request.
- Authorized agents. You may use an authorized agent to submit a rights request. If you do so, the agent must present signed written authorization to act on your behalf, and you may also be required to independently verify your identity or your legal authority or ownership of the personal information with us.
- Access. You may have the right to access the categories of personal information we have collected about you, the sources from which that information was collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information, the categories of third parties with whom we share your personal information, the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you, the categories of personal information we sold about you, the categories of third parties to whom we sold personal information about you, and the categories of personal information we disclosed for a business purpose.
- Deletion. You may have the right, under certain circumstances, to request that we delete the personal information you have provided to us.
- Non-discrimination. You have the right to be free from discrimination related to your exercise of any of your California privacy rights.
Please note that we may claim legal exemptions for certain types of personal information from all or certain parts of the CCPA pursuant to various CCPA exemptions.
11.2 Do Not Track
DataBlend does not track its customers over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, some third party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you.
11.3 Notice for Minors
DataBlend may offer interactive services which allow you to post content to share publicly or with contacts. At any time you can delete or remove content you have posted using the deletion or removal options within our services. If you have questions about how to remove content you have posted, contact DataBlend (see Section 14, below). Although we offer deletion capability for our services, you should be aware that the removal of content may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of that content or information posted through the services. For example, if your posted content has been copied and reposted by another user, you will not be able to remove such content.
12. Our Companywide Commitment to Your Privacy
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to DataBlend employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company. We use physical, technical, and organizational safeguards designed to protect your personal information. However, despite these controls, we cannot completely ensure or warrant the security of your personal information.
13. Privacy Questions
If you have any questions or concerns about DataBlend’s Privacy Statement or data processing or if you would like to make a complaint about a possible breach of local privacy laws, please contact us. You can always contact us as set out below.
All such communications are examined and replies issued where appropriate as soon as possible. If you are unsatisfied with the reply received, you may refer your complaint to the relevant regulator in your jurisdiction. If you ask us, we will endeavor to provide you with information about relevant complaint avenues which may be applicable to your circumstances.
14. Updates to This Privacy Statement
DataBlend may update its Privacy Statement from time to time. When we change the policy in a material way, a notice will be posted on our Site along with the updated Privacy Statement.
15. Contact DataBlend
10 Tower Office Park, Suite 403
Woburn, Massachusetts USA 01801